In partnership with Guide Dogs, we are conducting research into the impact of design trends that are on the increase within the built environment on people with a range of disabilities. These design trends include Bus Stop Boarders and Bypasses; Continuous or Blended Pavements; and Shared Pedestrian and Cycle Lanes.
The aim of this research is to look at the impact of each design feature on disabled people and to come up with possible solutions to mitigate against any barriers that are identified.
Prior to planned experiments we are seeking to recruit individuals over the age of 18 that meet at least one of the following criteria to take part in focus groups.
• Blind and Partially Sighted
• Neurodiverse community
• People living with learning disabilities
• Wheelchair users/mobility impaired
Focus groups will take place in February/March 2024. Participants will be compensated with Amazon vouchers worth £50 for their time and travel expenses. The planned sessions will take place as follows,
• 26th February: London, England
• 26th February: Glasgow, Scotland
• 28th February: Birmingham, England
• 29th February: Cardiff, Wales
• 1st March: Belfast, Northern Ireland
If you believe you are eligible for this study and would like to find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and click on the information sheet below to learn more about the research.